Last Updated on July 13, 2022
Last Updated on July 13, 2022
Asheville’s Chow Chow Culinary Festival brings award-winning chefs from North Carolina and beyond to join the biggest and best of Asheville’s restaurant scene. Featured events include farm dinners, tours and brunches, chef demonstrations, tastings, and so much more.
When is the Chow Chow Culinary Festival 2022?
Chow Chow Culinary Festival is an incredible Asheville event taking place over three weekends in 2022. Programming will occur:
- June 23-26, 2022
- August 4-7, 2022
- September 8-11, 2022
The events will mix amazing, diverse flavors with the community while raising awareness about food insecurity, racial justice, and climate change.
That’s why we wanted to give you this preview of the exciting event and everything you need to know about it.
Chow Chow Culinary Festival in Asheville, NC: Things to Know
Featured Image Credit: Tim Robison.
About Chow Chow
Chow Chow’s concept is to embody inclusivity, and not just for the Asheville community. Event admissions range from free to high-end, luxury experiences.
Tickets are sold a la carte, making Chow Chow more accessible to the community. The event hopes to highlight all aspects of the culinary supply chain, including farmers, mixologists, chefs, brewers, bakers, artists, writers, and potters.
Forage through the woods or wrap food in clay before baking it, that is what Chow Chow is about! The festival invites nationally recognized chefs such as Meherwan Irani and Katie Button, along with multi-generational farmers and potters.
Through this, Chow Chow perfectly mixes Appalachia with the various ethnic backgrounds that have shaped Asheville and North Carolina into the melting pot we know today.
Chow Chow and Community Impact
The Chow Chow Culinary Festival is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. By purchasing tickets, event-goers are helping to support the overall mission to enrich the Southern Appalachian region.
Typically for a food festival, the majority of the ticket costs go to cover hosting the event. But for Chow Chow, 95% of all of the expenses are re-invest into the community. This is done by supporting and utilizing local even production companies, event staffing, recycling and waste, marketing, and so much more. It doesn’t get more local yall!
Things to Know Before Attending Chow Chow 2022
- Tickets can be bought for individual events or you can select a Weekend Pass to enjoy the full schedule of events.
- Purchase tickets before you go as many of the events are already starting to sell out. You’ll receive an email confirmation that will serve as your ticket.
For the full Chow Chow schedule, check here.
- You must be 21 years old to attend the festival. While kids and pets are mini foodies, unfortunately, the festival is unable to safely accommodate them.
- For 2022, The Sunday Supper Series of events are family-friendly and welcoming to children (tickets are required for all ages).
- For 2022, any event staff, volunteers, and attendees will need to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result. Digital copies of vaccination cards are acceptable.
- Make hotel reservations soon. Asheville’s hotels and other area accommodations are expected to fill up during the event. You can find places to stay in and around Asheville via TripAdvisor, Vrbo, and by directly booking with hotels throughout the city.
- Information stations will be available in Pack Square Park.
Looking forward to Chow Chow Culinary Festival, too?
Chow Chow is perfect for anyone who loves culinary adventures, happens to be in Asheville or willing to travel there, or all of the above.
The multi-day immersive experience brings makers together like a complex meal to invigorate your taste buds and spark your creativity.