Before You Submit Your Local NC Events (Guidelines and Rules)
We ask you to follow some simple rules when submitting your local events.
While your paid submission is for our Events Calendar, it does not guarantee a listing in the monthly roundup. We maintain editorial control over those articles.
We are most likely to include the following events:
- Free events.
- Historically or culturally important. (Ex. Merlefest in Wilkesboro)
- Non-profit-supported events. (Ex. Chow Chow in Asheville)
- Events that support our state’s agriculture, small businesses, charitable causes, etc.
- Events that seek to include all people.
If your event is one of these, please proceed to the “Payment Terms and Terms of Placement” section.
We are less inclined to include the following events:
- Non-inclusive/political/religious events.
- Events that our sole discretion determines would not benefit our readers and prospective travelers to North Carolina.
- Events that are submitted more than once. Please don’t follow up multiple times. We will respond to you.
- Events submitted at the last minute. (See “Additional Terms” below)
Payment Terms and Terms of Placement
We charge an insertion fee (deposit) for events submitted, payable in advance after submission, to cover our time and marketing.
Our pricing is as follows:
- Single Event Deposit: $50 per listing for one (1) day
- Recurring Days of the Same Event: $10/additional day
Additional terms include the following:
- Rates may be subject to increase over time.
- We strive to provide events that interest readers and travelers to North Carolina while providing an inclusive and nondiscriminatory environment. Our sole discretion will determine this.
- Submissions must be received by the 25th of the event’s preceding month (ex. no later than August 25 for September events).
- NC Tripping reserves the right to deny any guaranteed listing for any reason and at our sole discretion. Your deposit will be refunded after denial.
- Please confirm that you have submitted all the required information to ensure your submission is received.
- After submitting your event, you can pay for the first or only day it occurs. If there are additional days to pay for, we will be in touch via email with further payment details.
Submit Your Event
To submit your local event, please email us at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Name of Event
- Type of Event
- Description of the Event (Please provide as much info as possible)
- Cost (if applicable)
We remind you that this is a paid submission. Please be prepared to pay promptly after submitting to ensure your event is added to our events calendar.