Last Updated on March 7, 2023
Last Updated on March 7, 2023
If you need a Lexington NC Map of attractions, we’ve created one right here for you! This guide visually represents Lexington NC and 7 surrounding counties in Central NC!
Thanks to Google Maps, We created this map of Lexington NC, and surrounding areas to help you explore this city, some neighboring cities, amazing small towns, and more.
Our guide starts with a list of Lexington NC attractions on the map, an embedded version of the map (which opens in Google Maps), followed by lists of 7 neighboring counties in North Carolina. We finish with a feature of the gorgeous hikes, beautiful waterfalls, and other outdoor spots that surround Lexington.
Here’s how we’ve organized this guide:
- List of Lexington NC Map Attractions
- NC Tripping’s Map of Lexington NC and Surrounding Areas (via Google Maps)
- Surrounding Counties and Cities on the Lexington Map
- List of Asheboro and Randolph County NC Attractions
- List of Greensboro and Guilford County NC Attractions
- List of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County NC Attractions
- List of Davie County NC Attractions
- List of Montgomery County NC Attractions
- List of Rowan County NC Attractions
- List of Stanly County NC Attractions
- List of Outdoor Attractions (Hikes, Waterfalls, and Parks Nearby)
- More Lexington NC Travel Guides
Read More: The North Carolina Travel Map (with 1000+ Great Places Included!)
List of Lexington NC Map Attractions
Parts of High Point also sit within the Davidson County lines, but Lexington is the biggest name here.
It’s mainly known for the style of barbecue for which the city is named. Of course, there are plenty of other styles featured in Lexington’s great restaurant scene.
Be sure to visit the huge barbecue festival that is held in Lexington every October. It’s such a delightful experience and we look forward to attending each year!
- Backcountry Barbeque
- Bar-B-Q Center
- Berrier Farm
- The Bistro at Childress Vineyards
- Bob Timberlake Gallery and Museum
- Bull City Ciderworks (Lexington)
- The Candy Factory
- Childress Vineyards
- Conrad & Hinkle
- Don Juan’s Mexican Restaurant
- The Eatery
- Goose and the Monkey
- Historic Lexington City Hall Barbecue Pits
- Junius Lindsay Vineyard
- Lanier Hardware
- Lexington Barbecue
- Mi Casa
- Missions Pottery
- Perfect Blend Coffee Shop
- Pour Folk Provisions
- Red Donut Shop
- Rustic Roots
- Smokey Joe’s Barbecue
- Sophie’s Cork & Ale
- Speedy’s Barbecue
- Weathervane Winery
Read More: 20+ Things to Do in Lexington (Exploring the Barbecue Capital & Beyond)
NC Tripping’s Map of Lexington NC and Surrounding Areas
We hope you find this Lexington NC map useful. Many places featured on this map are also included in roundups and individual articles that we’ve linked throughout this guide.
Read More: 100+ Unique Things to Do In North Carolina (Your NC Bucket List)
Neighboring Counties on the Lexington Map
7 counties in North Carolina border Lexington and Davidson County and we start with Asheboro and Randolph County!
List of Asheboro and Randolph County NC Attractions
Asheboro and Randolph County bring in tons of people for the North Carolina Zoo. However, there’s even more to this county that sits in the heart of our state.
Here are a few more Asheboro attractions that we’ve included on the Lexington map:
- Birkhead Mountains Wilderness (Asheboro)
- Four Saints Brewing (Asheboro)
- Kersey Valley Maize Adventure
- Millstone Creek Orchards (Ramseur)
- NC Pottery Center (Seagrove)
- NC Zoo (Asheboro)
- Richard Petty Museum (Randleman)
Read More: Seagrove Pottery (From Farm to Kiln to Amazing Weekend Getaway!)
List of Greensboro and Guilford County NC Attractions
Two of the Piedmont Triad’s three points, Greensboro and part of High Point, reside in Guilford County. In fact, the latter is the only city claimed by four counties!
Greensboro is the Guilford County seat and home to a great downtown, an awesome restaurant scene, fun museums, and many more things to do (especially with kids).
All of the above is included in our map of Lexington NC, with even more attractions featured:
- All-A-Flutter Butterfly Farm (High Point)
- Bog Garden at Benjamin Park (Greensboro)
- Celebration Station (Greensboro)
- Charlotte Hawkins Brown Institute (Gibsonville)
- City Lake Park (Jamestown)
- Elsewhere Modern Art Museum (Greensboro)
- Fainting Goat Spirits (Greensboro)
- Gateway Gardens (Greensboro)
- Grandover Resort (Greensboro)
- Greensboro Arboretum
- Greensboro Coliseum
- Greensboro Grasshoppers Stadium
- Greensboro History Museum
- Greensboro Science Center
- Guilford Courthouse National Military Park (Greensboro)
- Guilford Mill (Oak Ridge)
- High Point Furniture Market
- The Historic Magnolia House (Greensboro)
- International Civil Rights Center & Museum (Greensboro)
- Lebauer Park (Greensboro)
- McLaurin Farms, also the home of Woods of Terror (Greensboro)
- Miriam P. Brenner Children’s Museum (Greensboro)
- Natty Greene’s Brewing (Greensboro)
- NC A&T State University (Greensboro)
- O.Henry Hotel (Greensboro)
- Pig Pounder Brewing (Greensboro)
- Proximity Hotel (Greensboro)
- Red Oak Brewery (Whitsett)
- Scuppernong Books (Greensboro)
- Stamey’s Barbecue (Greensboro)
- Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts (Greensboro)
- Summerfield Farms
- Tanger Family Bicentennial Garden (Greensboro)
- UNC Greensboro
- Weatherspoon Art Museum (Greensboro)
- Wet n’ Wild Emerald Pointe Water Park (Greensboro)
- World’s Largest Chest of Drawers (High Point)
Read More: 20+ Amazing Children’s Museums in North Carolina for All
List of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County NC Attractions
Winston-Salem is the biggest name in Forsyth County. It’s a historic city with reminders remaining from the height of its Big Tobacco era and Old Salem.
Today, you can still learn about Winston-Salem‘s history at museums like Reynolda or by staying at historic hotels such as The Cardinal. The city’s restaurant scene is also worthy of a trip alone, and don’t forget about their awesome and innovative breweries, either!
All of that and more are featured in our map of Lexington NC:
- The Cardinal Hotel
- Depot Street Renaissance Mural
- Foothills Brewing
- Graylyn Estate
- Old Salem
- Reynolda House
- St Phillips Moravian Church
- Tanglewood Park (host of Tanglewood Festival of Lights)
- Truist Stadium
- Wise Man Brewing
Read More: 10 Great Outdoor Activities in Winston-Salem to Keep You Moving!
Davie County (Mocksville and More)
Davie County is largely known for Mocksville, a great community with three historic districts. About 10 minutes south of Mocksville is Riverpark at Cooleemee Falls, a wonderful place to fish, tube, bring a boat, or have a picnic.
- 601 Burgers and Brews (Mocksville)
- Lazy Elm Vineyard and Winery (Mocksville)
- RayLen Vineyards and Winery (Mocksville)
- Riverpark at Cooleemee Falls (The Bullhole)
Read More: 60+ Amazing I-40 Exits in North Carolina (from Asheville to Wilmington)
Montgomery County (Troy, Star, and More)
Part of Uwharrie National Forest sits in Montgomery County, the smallest of North Carolina National Forests–but it is not without its adventures! Many parts of county seat Troy sit within Uwharrie, as well as the spectacular Badin Lake.
Elsewhere in Montgomery County, STARworks in Star is a creative arts-centered community. They provide local artists with educational and business opportunities. We love stopping by their glass-heavy Pumpkin Patch each fall.
Read More: 20 Awesome Wineries near Charlotte (Vineyards Within 2 Hours)
Rowan County (Salisbury, Spencer, and More)
Salisbury is the county seat of Rowan County and home to Cheerwine, Food Lion, and Rack Room Shoes! Each May, the Cheerwine Festival overtakes Salisbury with its bustling atmosphere and fun.
Spencer is also in Rowan County and home to the NC Transportation Museum, one of our favorites!
- The NC Transportation Museum
- New Sarum Brewing
Read More: 7 Great Things to Do in Kannapolis (+ Shopping and Restaurants!)
Stanly County (Albemarle, Morrow Mountain, and More)
The first on our list of places to visit in Central North Carolina includes the numerous small towns and townships in Stanly County. Three cities that jump out include county seat Albemarle and the towns of Locust and Badin.
While in Stanly County, check out Morrow Mountain State Park and hike to the top for some beautiful views.
- Morrow Mountain State Park
Read More: 25+ Best Day Trips from Charlotte (Within a 90-Minute Drive)
List of Outdoor Attractions (Hikes, Waterfalls, and Parks Nearby)
Finally, our Lexington map features the amazing outdoor spaces that reside within a reasonable drive from the Davidson County town. These hikes and waterfalls have been featured in numerous articles on NC Tripping.
- Boone’s Cave Park
- Carter Falls
- Hanging Rock State Park
- Haw River State Park
- High Rock Lake
- Lake Norman State Park
- Lower Cascades Falls (Hanging Rock State Park)
- Mayo River State Park
- Pilot Mountain State Park
- Uwharrie National Forest
Read More North Carolina Hiking Guides
Anything to Add to Our Lexington NC Area Map?
We hope to make this a complete listing of everything there is to do in Lexington (and nearby). That’s why we will update this map as often as possible.
We’ve tried to add as many locations to this map of Lexington NC and surrounding areas, but please understand that we may have missed a spot or two. If you know of a great place that should be included, please kindly let us know here in the comments section or by email.
Don’t forget to share your favorite places in our North Carolina Travel Facebook Group.
More NC Travel Guides beyond this Map of Lexington NC
This Lexington map is a great visual start for your adventures. We’ve also created many more NC Travel Guides that cover the area. Here are a few of them.